Saturday, 13 December 2014

A friend in need, is a friend indeed

WARNING: Should you come across with the word ‘wasep’ or ‘wasap’ when scrolling down this post, don’t frown or get blur. It actually means ‘WhatsApp Messenger’.  Typical Malay =)
Assalamualaikum and hello.
Back in my school days, I could say that I was just an ordinary girl.
I was not a debater, athlete, or anything that the entire fellow in school could be proud of.
It sounds too pathetic.
Alright, I had once appointed as a prefect when I was in primary school, in Standard 3 if I am not mistaken.
A useless prefect I can say. Haha
Up to this time in university, I tend to go with the flow.
I attend classes, submit assignments, and join college or faculty activities.
I play games, hang out with friends, and do hobbies.
One thing that I found quite challenging is when dealing with friends.
Friends are important, but it is important to smartly choose the right friends too.
One of my course mates who is always on the dean’s list in every semester once said to me,
“Asal aku bukak wasep, berduyun member tanya soalan, kalau musim exam lagi lah. Tapi time kluar takde pulak nak ajak. Cari aku bila tak paham study je. Sedih hidup aku.”
I feel so sad for that.
I also experience the same thing, but not that far.
“Sebab kau bukan budak dekan :p”
Fine.
Sometimes I do feel like ignoring messages from wasap, especially from friends who only seek help from me when they need them, but leave me when they are done.
However, I always feel bad.
One day, I received a message from ‘my friend’ in wasap, asking me how to do this and that.
I felt irritated because I did not get any help from ‘my friend’ when I asked questions before.
So I left the message with ‘blue tick’. (intended revenge and provocation)
Photo: Google Images
Not long after that, I came across a hadith in my readings.
“Barangsiapa membebaskan seorang mukmin daripada suatu kesukaran dunia, maka Allah akan membebaskannya daripada suatu kesukaran pada hari kiamat. Barangsiapa memberi kemudahan kepada orang yang berada dalam kesukaran, maka Allah akan memberikan kemudahan di dunia dan di akhirat. Barangsiapa menutupi aib seorang muslim, maka Allah akan menutup aibnya di dunia dan di akhirat. Allah akan selalu menolong hamba-Nya selama hamba tersebut menolong saudaranya.” (Riwayat Muslim)
Photo: Google Images

Subhanallah. Allah helped me to realize what I did was wrong.
Never had I purposely ignore people seeking for help after that incident.
As for me, each time I help others, I MUST not hope for reward from the same person.
Indeed, I should seek blessings from Him. 

No comments :

Post a Comment